Miscellaneous House Rules
- Don’t be a dick or more of a dick than Joe. :P
- Our core assumption is all Published Paizo Pathfinder books excluding the following; Mythic Adventures, Mythic Realms, Technology Guide, Mythic Origins, as well as any material related to Mythic, Advanced Firearms or Advanced Technologies to be printed in the future. Materials also excluded are any reference to “additional/optional” rules unless specifically mentioned below. The Synthesist Summoner archetype and the Anti-Paladin archetype are not available for Player Character or cohort builds. Published Paizo Pathfinder books as well as other expanded mechanics will be employed at the discretion of the current GM and will only be valid while that GM is facilitating our game. Any item, class, race, spell, ability, effect or mechanic not detailed in our core assumption must be tabled to the group and voted into existence (creation rules detailed in these books do not supersede the need to present a new element to the group).
- If you said it; it’s happening.
- The player of an incapacitated character may not speak about their character’s current situation or anything the party is doing.
- Evil aligned Player Characters are permitted. See Rule #1.
- To eliminate some detriment from multi-classing we will be using the Fractional Bonuses by Class Level Chart as explained in Pathfinder Unchained. Mechanics not detailed in the chart are outside of our core assumption.
- When regaining hit points from 8 hours of rest, creatures will regain their Constitution Modifier in addition to the number of hit points already regained in relation to their hit die value.
- We will be using the Critical Hit Deck and the Critical Fumble Deck as explained under Action Dice.
- Time will play a factor. At the end of each adventure d100 days (in game time) will pass before the next adventure. During which characters will live their lives. (changes to this time period will be occurring with the second wave of level one characters to allow for other mechanics.)
- Gambling rules, availablity and stakes will be at GM discretion should gambling be sought out by player characters.
- Magic item’s that require a specific class or alignment will no longer receive the benefit of being 30% cheaper. Use the list price for items found in books. The purpose of this rule is to close an unbalancing loophole with magic item creation.
- When Nauseated a creature may purge. After expending a full-round action vomiting, which provokes attacks of opportunity, the creature may attempt a Fortitude Save (DC 15) to reduce the Nauseated condition to the Sickened condition for the remainder of the effect.
- Every six levels player characters, whom have been adventuring together for this amount of time, may select a team work feat that they all gain as a bonus feat.
- In the event of a Total Party Kill the group will decide to either start fresh from level 1 or continue at the current level. In the even of the latter option the current GM character will receive full benefit for the module they are running (see rule #1). The rest of the group will follow the procedure under retirement, death and dying.
- Charging is a special full-round action that allows you to move up to twice your speed and take an attack-action. See Charge in the Core Rulebook for further information.
- Staffs and Rods that are treated as weapons can receive weapon enhancement bonuses using the same rules that are used to enhance weapons. Items like the Rod of Dwarven Might which can be multiple weapons are the exception and cannot be enhanced. Abilities one staffs and rods cannot be placed on other items.
- Weapon Focus on a weapon that has the grapple special quality, the Grab special ability, Whip Mastery and like feats and abilities can be used in place of the Improved Unarmed Strike prerequisite for Improved Grapple and Greater Grapple. The Combat Maneuver Bonus benefit of these grapple feats is only applied to the specific weapon used to qualify for that feat. The benefits to Combat Maneuver Defence are not subject to this restriction.
- Bolas are martial weapons.